Homeopathic medicine is based on the principle that everyone has a self-healing response that keeps you healthy. It is an energy, that if kept balanced, will keep you healthy. If that energy is interrupted or out of balance, health issues occur. Homeopathic medicine was founded in the early 19th century in Germany by a physician by the name of Samuel Christian Hahnemann. The purpose of homeopathy is to balance the energy by awakening your body’s ability to heal itself using a processes that include:
- “Like Cures Like”, also referred t the laws of similar. Simply put, the condition is cured by a medicine that generates symptoms similar to what the patient is exhibiting. Because of this, it is critical to talk extensively with the patient to obtain the precise symptoms. Then the homeopathic doctor is able to match the medicine with the symptoms.
- Single Remedy — no matter how many symptoms the patient exhibits, either physical, mental or emotional, one medicine is prescribed to cover them all.
- Minimum Dose — A small amount of doses is prescribed by the homeopathic doctor, waiting to see if the medicine has the desired effect, then a very small dose of the medicine is administered.
It is really important that you seek the help of a homeopathic physician to determine and administer the appropriate medicine for the health condition you are looking to are looking to remedy.
Treating chronic conditions through homeopathic medicine offers many benefits. Because the remedies are all made of natural ingredients that help strengthen your immune system instead of suppressing it, there are no known side effects. This also makes it safe for infants as well as pregnant women to use. You can use these remedies along with your other medications without worrying if the homeopathic treatment will interfere with any prescription drugs you may be taking. In any case, your physician should always be informed of any other medications you are taking. Homeopathic remedies are not addictive, making it a safe and natural alternative to many pain medications that may be habit forming.
Health Conditions That May Benefit from Homeopathic Treatment
A homeopathic physician may prescribe remedies that work on their own, or to complement traditional treatment plans. These are health conditions that may benefit from using homeopathic treatment:
- Colds and Flu
- Disorder of the circulatory system
- Heart conditions
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, many other gut and digestive complications
- Menstrual and menopause
- Headaches, including migraines
- Neurological disorders
- Skin Conditions
- Prevention and wellness
It needs to be emphasized that you should see a licensed physician who specializes in homeopathic medicine to be sure that the correct remedies are administered. The remedies are safe and not likely to result in any adverse reactions if taken while supervised by a trained homeopathic physician. Expect your first appointment to take a little more time than usual as you will be asked a lot of questions not only concerning your symptoms, but also your physical, mental and emotional state of mind. In addition, you will be asked questions about your sleeping and eating habits, and fears to name a few. After the homeopathic remedy is given, follow up visits to report if the remedy is helping and dosages may be adjusted if necessary. The homeopathic recommendation will then change as your symptoms change. In the event that you need personal guidance, do not hesitate to reach out to a skilled homeopathy doctors in Chicago that the community has turned to for advice.
Thank you to Whole Health Chicago for providing their insight on homeopathic medicine.