There are not many shortcuts in growing hair faster, but there are a lot of things that you can do to grow healthier hair faster, including seeing a doctor. Human hair grows about half of an inch each month, and this is all affected by your overall health and genetics. You can help encourage your hair to grow through a few simple factors
- Refrain from washing your hair all of the time. Your hair needs its essential oils to help coat each strand and only washing your hair three times a week or less will allow the natural oils to penetrate your hair and allow it to repair and hydrate itself. However, make sure you are shampooing at least once a week, or else the buildup of oils can lead to dandruff and an itchy scalp. Co-washing with just water is an easier way to ease into this, so you will still leave the shower feeling as though you washed your hair.
- Use castor or coconut oil. These oils are both rich in fatty acids like omega-9, and vitamin E. They both will promote hair growth naturally. Just massage equal parts of each into your scalp and leave it on for up to 45 minutes once a week to begin seeing the results of shinier and healthier hair.
- Eat a healthier diet. Eating a protein and vitamin rich diet is very beneficial in growing healthier hair. Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables will help you get all of nutrients your hair needs to grow. Foods high in vitamin B, especially biotin, are proven to be important in doing this.
- Use a silk pillowcase. This will give your hair a softer surface that will not cause any friction the way that woven cotton pillowcases do. You will wake up with fewer tangles and less breakage this way.
- Brush your hair gently.
- Consider getting monthly trims. Even though this will not make your hair grow faster, it will keep it healthier because it will prevent split ends from going all the way up each strand. If you wait too long to get a trim, the split ends will actually make your hair shorter than if you actually went and got a trim.
- Remember that it will not grow overnight. Keeping this in mind will help you stay sane throughout the process. Understand that patience is key to growing healthier hair, and it may take some time to yield results.
Wikipedia, Hair Transplant